Did you know that American drivers spend an average of more than 17,600 minutes behind the wheel each year? That’s equivalent to seven 40-hour weeks at the office - you heard us right!
Whether you are commuting to and from the office, driving the kids to soccer practice, or planning a fun family road-trip, your car safety should be of the utmost importance.
Knowing the open road will be calling your name when the spring season arrives, our new Service Advisor, Jeff Cooper at JA Autowerks recommend the following six tips for all European car drivers to follow:
- Check Fluid Levels - At least once a month, be sure to check all of your fluid levels with your car on level ground. You want to address your engine oil, coolant (anti-freeze), power steering fluid, brake fluid and windshield washer fluid. Using the proper OEM fluids for top offs are important because the wrong fluids can and do lead to expensive repairs down the road. Whenever you are in doubt, feel free to reach out to us and we can make sure you that you know the right fluid to use.
- Proper Tire Pressure: Check your tire pressure every month to keep you safely on the road during a variety of weather conditions. Use the inflation pressure recommended by your Euro vehicle’s manufacturer found on the inside of your door panel or inside your fuel door.
- Fresh Wiper Blades: A clear, unobstructed view of the road is the main factor in your driving decisions. Make sure your car’s wipers provide you with the cleanest windshield possible - and don’t forget the wiper fluid!
- Technology Savvy: While all of the technological advancements have enhanced the way we travel in our cars, it is crucial to understand how your in-car user interface works. Take the time to read through your owner’s manual and get acclimated with your media system before you hit the road to prevent distractions. Need a little help? Our factory trained technicians can walk you through all the functions of your in-car interface at the shop - just give us a call to set an appointment!
- Listen To Your Car: Do you hear an abnormal grinding or chatters? Is there a weird vibration? If so, your car is letting you know it is having some problems. Schedule a multi-point inspection and get those checked early to prevent a future breakdown.
- Plan Ahead: Just like looking at the weather to know what to pack in your suitcase, you should always plan ahead before a trip. A simple safety inspection by your favorite mechanic will save you time, money and a lot of hassle down the road.
Getting ready to put the pedal to the medal? Contact JA Autowerks for a complimentary multi-point inspection today. Call (732) 268-7381 or visit www.JAAutowerks.com to schedule an appointment and be ready for your next adventure on the road!